As discussed in the posts below, chart templates in Microsoft Excel can drastically improve the look and process of Excel charts.
I highly recommend using these templates in Axys reports for a much more pleasant than default graph. To incorporate the chart templates in a network Axys setting, follow these simple steps:
- Run the desired Axys report and check the Graph checkbox
- Double click inside the graph created by Axys which should open Excel.
- Make the desired changes or apply a chart template. As a simple example, maybe something like this.
- Then save the chart template, but before you click ok check to see where the template is stored.
- Go to the location of your templates (see above) and copy/paste it into your Axys user directory.
- Open Excel and start a new spreadsheet. Type Alt+F11 which opens Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Insert new module .
- In the new module, type the following codebut replace the location with where you copy/pasted the chart template file in step 4.
- Save your spreadsheet in your Axys user directory.
- In Axys, run the desired report, but this time specify the spreadsheet we just saved and the name of the macro (ApplyFancyTemplate if you did exactly as above).
- Hopefully, it worked as planned. If you want to do this over and over, wrap it all up in an Axys macro.